The Rexburg Tabernacle was built in 1911, and served as meeting house for religious services until it was acquired by the City of Rexburg in 1980 and turned into a civic center.
The Tabernacle is located next to the Madison County Library in Rexburg's historic downtown. The basement houses the Museum of Rexburg, which is currently undergoing renovations.
Built in 1911, the two shades of rock used in the construction were quarried on the Rexburg Bench and in the Lyman area. The Tabernacle was placed in the National Register in 1974 citing its uniqueness in Idaho, both by virtue of its style and its association with the Mormon settlement. Architecturally, it is one of the very few Italianate church buildings in the state, and vastly exceeds all others in that style in character, size and imaginative use of stone.
In 1976 the Teton Dam flood destroyed most pioneer homes and buildings in Rexburg. The citizens raised the funds to purchase the Tabernacle and repair the flood damage.