Volunteers are a vital asset to the Teton Dam Marathon Events. We are calling for groups and volunteers to help us make the Teton Dam Marathon a success.
Responsibilities of a volunteer include some of the following:
- Packet Pick-up
- Water and Aid Stations
- Traffic Control
- Course set-up and take-down
- Finish line duties
All Volunteers will wear a DAM Volunteer t-shirt during the activities and can keep the t-shirt at the end of the day. The Teton DAM Marathon Committee and the City of Rexburg thank you in advance for your time and help.
Each volunteer gets to come to our pre-race PIZZA PARTY and info training meeting! The pizza party will be held on May 30th a 6 p.m. in the Lecture Hall in the Smith building on the Brigham Young University-Idaho campus.
Friday June 1, 2018
- Packet Pickup at The Zone (275 Stationary Place)
- Three Different Shifts: 7:30am-10:30am, 10am-1pm, and 12:30pm-3:30pm
- Help runners check-in, hand out swag bags and shirts
- Potato Bake Dinner (Packet Pickup and Info Meeting) at Madison Middle School (575 W 7th S)
- 4-7:30pm Help with set up of tables and chairs, check-in racers, hand out swag bags and shirts, and tickets for potato bake. Help with clean-up.
Saturday June 2, 2018
- Course Volunteer (meet out front of the BYU-Idaho Stadium)
- Times to meet vans: 4:15am, 4:45am, 5:15am, 5:30am, 6am, 6:15am, 6:30am, and 6:45am. The length of your shift will depend on the speed of the slowest runner. We will close the course down around 1pm, so you will be picked up by then at the latest. Sooner-if the slowest runner is faster.
- Responsibilities: Aid Station Volunteer- hand out water and nuun, and prepare bananas and oranges for the runners. Traffic/corner volunteer-you will direct runners and keep them on the right course.
- Suggested you bring a light jacket (depending on what the weather looks like), sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, snacks, a book to read, etc. You need to be ALERT and PAYING ATTENTION when runners are present to help guide them and protect them from cars and things, but there is also down time in between runners.
- Smith Park Volunteer
- 6:30am-8am Help with set up of finish line, expo booths, runner's corral, etc.
- 8am-11am Finish Line Volunteer-cheer for finishers, put a medal around their neck, and guide them to the Runner's Corral.
- At the Runner's Corral you will prepare fruit, bread, and food for the runners. Help at Information & Check-In Booth, Awards Booth, etc.
- 10am-1pm Finish Line - replace above volunteer shift.
- Noon-2pm Clean Up - help take down booths, tents, finish line, pick up garbage, load and unload trailers.
**If all the times you are available are full on the registration page, feel free to just show up at Smith Park between 6:30am-1pm, or at the BYU-I Stadium between 4:45am-6:30am to volunteer out on the course (course volunteers are out there til around Noon)!