This Information Is Made Available as a Free Public Service, Without Express or Implied Warranties of Any Kind, and Subject to the Following Disclaimers:
- ACCURACY AND CONTINUITY OF SERVICE. The City makes no guarantee of the completeness or accuracy of any information provided. It makes no promise or warranty to maintain or update this public service or information contained and made available to the public. The City may suspend or discontinue this service at any time, or it may elect to charge a fee for access or use. The user assumes the risk of verifying any materials used or relied on.
- NO WARRANTIES. The City disclaims any express or implied warranty in providing for public use its computer system and any materials, information, graphics, products, or processes contained therein. It makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any responsibility in the use of this service or its contents for its accuracy, completeness, currency, its use for any general of particular purpose, nor that such items or use of such items would not violate or infringe rights of others. This service is provided on a strictly "as is" basis.
- EXTERNAL LINKS; PERSONAL OPINIONS. City computer resources and materials may contain hypertext or other links to Internet or computer sites, not owned or controlled by the City, that may be of interest. Links to other computer systems are not supervised nor regularly reviewed by the City. Any information, endorsements of products or services, materials or personal opinions appearing on such external sites are not controlled, sponsored nor approved by the City. The City specifically disavows legal responsibility for what a user may find on another site, or for personal opinions of individuals posted on any site, whether or not operated by the City.
- COPYRIGHT LIMITATIONS. The City has made the content of these pages available to the public and anyone may view, copy or distribute information found here without obligation to the City, unless otherwise stated on particular materials or information to which a restriction on free use may apply. However, the City makes no warranty that materials contained herein are free of Copyright claims or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK OF USE. A user of the Citys' computer system for information made available for public use assumes the risk of use or reliance on such information. Neither the City, its employees or agents shall be liable for any damages for viewing, distributing or copying of materials on its sites made available to the public, including indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- MONITORING OF SYSTEM; NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY. All City computer systems are subject to monitoring at all time to assure proper functioning of the systems, to provide security for the computer systems operation and information contained, to prevent unauthorized use, and to deter and investigate violations of law. There is no reasonable expectation of privacy in the use of this public computer system.
- IDAHO LAW AND JURISDICTION. The materials are provided for public use on computer systems located within the City and for the use and benefit of citizens. Any person choosing to use this system or seeking access to information or materials on this system is subject to Idaho jurisdiction. Any dispute arising therefrom shall be decided under the laws and in the courts in Idaho.
The purpose of the statement is to inform users of this site with regard to the collection and use of personally identifiable information.
Definition of Personally Identifiable Information
For the purposes of this statement "personally identifiable information" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual who is the subject of the information.
Personally Identifiable Information Not Routinely Collected
Citizens do not have to routinely provide personal information to visit the City of Rexburg, Teton Dam Marathon, or Rush Triathlon sites or to download information. Government agencies may request personally identifiable information from you in order to provide requested specialized services, but such information is handled as it would be on an in-person visit to a government office.
Personally Identifiable Information Available From Governmental Web Sites
Access to personally identifiable information in public records at Idaho local levels of government in Idaho is controlled primarily by Chapter 3, Title 9 of the Idaho Code, the law entitled the Public Records Act . Information that is generally available under Chapter 3 - and not made confidential elsewhere in the Idaho Code - may be made available for public inspection. While Chapter 3 sets the general policies for access to government records in the state of Idaho, other sections of the Idaho Code as well as other federal laws also deal with confidentiality issues.
The IP (Internet Protocol) numbers of computers (servers) used to visit this site are noted as part of our statistical analysis on use of our web sites so we may better design services and improve access to them. However, the site does not attempt to gain personally identifiable information on individual users and associate them with IP addresses.
Use of Constituent E-mail Addresses
E-mail addresses obtained as a result of a request to the city site, or by signing up for any form of email notification lists, or participation in surveys will not be sold or given to other private companies for marketing purposes. The information collected is subject to the access and confidentiality provisions of Chapter 3, other applicable sections of the Idaho Code or federal law. E-mail or other information requests sent to the city web site may be maintained in order to respond to the request, forward that request to the appropriate agency, communicate updates to the city page that may be of interest to citizens, or to provide the city web designer with valuable customer feedback to assist in improving the site.
Non City Web Sites
Various web sites may be linked through www.rexburg.org. Many of these sites, including private sector sites, are not subject to Chapter 3 and may also not be subject to other sections of the Idaho Code or federal law. Visitors to those sites are advised to check the privacy statements of these sites and be cautious about providing personally identifiable information without a clear understanding of how the information will be used.